5 Tips for Boosting Your Immune System
Your immune system helps fight off colds, helps to defend your body from disease and helps to regulate your body's natural optimal health. Although research has been done on boosting your immune system it has been difficult to prove conclusively because your immune system is a system that requires balance and harmony - it operates as a whole ecosystem rather than as separate entities.
There are things however that have shown to be beneficial in boosting your immune system.
Here are 5 tips For Boosting Your Immune System
- Lead a healthy lifestyle - a balanced lifestyle with a minimum amount of stress is important to staying healthy. Having a good work/life balance, nutrition, selfcare and exercise play an important role in boosting your overall immune system.
- Your Nutrition - understanding what your specific needs for nutrition can be a difficult path to navigate as there is a lot of information and opinions out there. Talking to a nutritionist provides value to correct this but in general terms, it’s been shown eating whole plants such as vegetables, fruits, legumes, and seeds that are packed with antioxidants helps in boosting your immune system.
- Stay Hydrated - water is a very important part of a healthy body and ecosystem. Ensuring we are drinking enough water protects against dehydration and additionally positively affects plasma - the liquid aspect of blood. Plasma is about 90% water and keeps everything moving through the circulatory system, it supplies critical proteins and serves as an exchange system for vital minerals.
- Get Enough Sleep - Studies have shown that getting enough sleep plays an important role in your overall health. As well as the quality of sleep, which is connected to nutrition, lifestyle and water intake.
- Exercise Regularly - Moderate exercise has been shown to have a positive impact on maintaining normal immune system functioning. It’s an important factor in a healthy life especially when we age, it helps to maintain mobility, reduces inflammation and boosts your mood.
Lifestyle, nutrition, sleep, water-intake and exercise all play their part to help keep your immune system strong and functioning normally.
Pure Body Health Online offers:
- Nutrition Counseling
- Traditional Herbal Medicine
- Athletic Therapy
- Wellness Coaching
- Life Coaching
We are a group of multidisciplinary professionals offering online therapies - designed for your health and happiness to keep your mind and body function optimally.
Contact us here if you’d like to learn more!
Published On: 04/13/2021
By Pure Body Health Online